Kid FRiendly Food
- Graffiti Donuts - Our tours start here!! So many yummy treats for adults and kids. Unique donuts, sundaes, shakes, and coffee drinks. (53 Main Street, Bar Harbor)
- Route 66- Funky 50s style restaurant with tons of food / drink options. The fries and shakes are delicious! So many great choices! (Cottage Street, Bar Harbor)
- Jordan Pond for Popovers- it’s a tradition! You definitely need to make reservations first. I’d recommend taking the Island Explorer there because parking is a challenge. The popovers are delicious!! (Acadia National Park, Bubble Pond)
- Freshies- yes! The gas station. Hear me out: their pizza is delicious if you’re in a pinch. Our kids - and everyone we’ve introduced to Freshies- still say it’s the best pizza they’ve had!!
- Leary’s Landing- This is more for the adults but OMG delicious delicious delicious food!!! It’s an Irish pub / restaurant on Main Street in Bar Harbor NOT to be missed. Kids are welcome.
Kid FRiendly Local Events
Kid FRiendly Hikes (but better call them “walks”)
- Bar Island!!!! Only at low tide!
- Wonderland Trail
- Beech Mountain
- Lower Hadlock Pond Loop
- Thunder Hole (watch your step!)